We all have ’em. C’mon. What are yours? Here’s mine:
1. I like easy cheese. The extra sharp cheddar flavor. Although I haven’t purchased a can for some time, I’ll actually squirt some on my fingers and lick it off.
2. The reason why I haven’t purchased a can of Easy Cheese is because I discovered a slightly more refined alternative: Kaukauna cheese spread. Port Wine flavor. I usually buy the kind that comes in a tub. Though I actually like the nut-covered balls and logs more, the tub keeps better.
3. I can’t deep fry. I never get the temperature right, I wind up making a huge mess in the kitchen, I don’t like the idea of keeping used oil around and the hot oil terrifies me. (the molten sugar incident didn’t help)
4. I’ve never made my own bread. I’ve made my own pizza dough, I’ve made my own pasta dough and I consider myself somewhat of an expert on pastry doughs (puff pastry, pie crust, cream puffs, etc.), but I haven’t made any other yeasted doughs.
5. I use (gasp) canned soup stock. Sure, if I roasted a chicken or if I have a bunch of veggie trimmings, I’ll make it, but since I’m only cooking for two and I work full time, I don’t have enough time or chicken carcasses lying around to make it constantly.